Sunday, February 19, 2012

Noting to fear but fear itself

I had two mildly interesting conversations this weekend and both people asked if I was afraid.  The answer that quickly spills from me is, "No".  Sure I have some fear, I am having surgery and one with possible severe complications.

However, I am confident in my decision; I have spent many months researching medical facts, reading message boards with first hand accounts- everything from people that have sailed smoothly post operative to those that have literally faced death.  There are some who, if they could rewind the clock, that would choose the same path again knowing what they have faced down and those who are actively seeking to reverse the procedure- which in and of itself is quite risky.

Anyway, it's eight days til surgery and I leave you with this quote.  I've decided this will be my next tattoo when I reach whatever weight my body settles at.

"Quod me nutrit me destruit."

No comments:

Post a Comment